|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | USA

New York Attacker an IS Fighter, Terrorist Group Says

CAIRO – Terrorist group Islamic State said on Friday that the perpetrator of the recent attack in New York City was one of its soldiers in the latest edition of their weekly online newspaper Al Naba.

On Tuesday, an Uzbek immigrant killed eight people and injured 11 others when he used a rented pickup truck to barrel down a crowded bike path along the Hudson River in New York.

So far, IS has not claimed direct responsibility for the attack through official statements or a release from the IS-linked Amaq agency, as the group usually does after attacks.

A column in Al Naba briefly described the New York attack citing other media, without providing an internal source from the IS, as it generally does to claim an attack.

United States authorities believe that the attacker, Sayfullo Saipov, acted alone, influenced by the IS propaganda he possessed, New York police anti-terrorism chief John Miller said on Thursday.

Al Naba also referred to the Las Vegas shooting of last month, in which 58 people had died in an attack, claimed by the IS through two statements.

The IS newspaper said both actions were a response from the so-called caliphate’s soldiers in the US and Europe to its call for fighting the “crusaders” and replying to their offensive in Syria and Iraq.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2015 © All rights reserved