|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | Cuba

Cuba Says No Evidence Exists of Acoustic Attacks against US Diplomats

UNITED NATIONS – Cuba denied on Friday at the United Nations that any evidence has yet been found of the alleged acoustic attacks against US diplomats on the island.

“Cuba has never perpetrated nor will it ever perpetrate actions of this sort,” Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez said during a high-level debate Friday of the UN General Assembly.

Last Sept. 17, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced that his country was considering closing its embassy in Habana in response to that alleged acoustic attacks, which occurred late last year.

According to Tillerson, what he calls “health attacks” have caused health problems to some 20 Americans, mostly diplomats. Medical reports speak of slight brain trauma and loss of hearing.

Rodriguez said with reference to those charges that Havana lives up to its obligations under the Vienna Convention with all seriousness and protects all diplomats without exception, including those from the US.

The minister denied Cuban responsibility for those health problems and said that “Cuba has never allowed nor will it ever allow its territory to be used by third parties with that purpose.”

Rodriguez said that, according to the investigations carried out, “Cuban authorities... have so far found no evidence whatsoever that could confirm the causes or the origin of the health disorders referred to by US diplomats and their relatives.”

“The investigation to clarify this issue continues,” he said, “and in order to be able to arrive to a conclusion, it will be crucial to rely on the cooperation of the US authorities.”

“It would be unfortunate if a matter of this nature is politicized,” Rodriguez said.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2015 © All rights reserved