the position closes at 12:01 am EST.About Dalberg
Dalberg is comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, a strategic advisory firm, D. Capital, an asset management and investment advisory firm, and Dalberg Research, a research and analysis firm. From a diverse footprint of 10 offices around the world, Dalberg focuses exclusively on development, social impact, and developing markets. Our mission is to mobilize effective responses to the world’s most pressing issues and to raise living standards in developing countries. We strive to achieve social impact by creating value for our clients.Description
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.About You
You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing tailored frameworks that address a client’s specific challenges. You excel in solving problems using evidence-based, strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming the organizations that fund and instigate change around the world. You are a passionate, committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America and South Asia. Dalberg consultants combine ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.Qualifications:
Your Role and How You Will Create Impact
- At least one year managing high-performing teams in a problem-solving, analytical environment.
- Prior management experience in a consulting environment preferred: 1+ years of experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top-performer’ throughout tenure
- Minimum of 4 years of experience framing and analyzing evidence-based solutions to strategic challenges.
- Prior consulting experience preferred: Expert knowledge of consulting “toolkit”
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to perform well in a entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university with excellent academic record
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Project Managers drive and deliver projects from kick-off to final presentation, managing team members working across multiple work streams for any given project. As forward thinking leaders, Project Managers work very closely with the Dalberg management team to drive creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide. Project Managers are also accountable for the quality of client deliverables, and for proposing sustainable solutions that will generate new and repeat business engagements. Project Managers serve as a key liaison between Dalberg and the client, ensuring that each project is successful from idea to execution and even through to implementation.
With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.Responsibilities:
About Our Clients
- Take accountability for the quality of client deliverables
- Take a leadership role in building and managing the firm
- Manage relationships with clients and other stakeholders, often serving as the first point of contact for content questions and logistics
- Provide guidance to team members at all stages of the project; maintain responsibility for project budgets and timelines
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contribute to thought leadership initiatives in order to generate new business engagements
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We create value for clients focused on social impact by using on-the-ground research and rigorous business analysis to help governments, foundations, international agencies, NGOs, and corporations develop strategies and assess programs in areas such as access to finance, inclusive growth, global health, and energy and the environment. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.Join Our Team!
Our current opportunities are in Bogota.
Please submit your application at www.dalberg.com/careers
. Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. If there are multiple locations recruiting for the same position, you will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application.
In addition to your cover letter, please respond to ONE of the following questions
(and limit your response to less than 500 words):
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- Working at Dalberg, you will get to advise leaders of large NGO’s, international companies and government agencies on what they should do to more effectively end poverty. What messages would you like to bring to these leaders and why?
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test their consulting skills through case questions, and to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress to the second and final rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg office.