LONDON – Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic.
The United States’ players Venus Williams and CoCo Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Spain’s Carla Suarez came in 40th while her compatriot Lara Arruabarrena jumped three positions to 84th place.
The current WTA Top 10 rankings and point scores are as follows:
- Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
- Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
- Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
- Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
- Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
- Caroline Garcia (France) 4,385
- Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
- CoCo Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258