|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | World (Click here for more)

Eight Victims of Egypt Mosque Attack Remain in Intensive Care

CAIRO – Eight of the more than 100 people wounded in the deadly attack last week on a mosque in Egypt’s northern Sinai Peninsula are still in intensive care, with four listed in serious condition, the Health Ministry said Sunday.

The attack killed 305 people, including 27 children, and wounded 128 others, who were taken to different medical centers, state-run news agency MENA reported, citing the ministry.

Seven of the wounded have been released, the latest medical reports said.

Among the victims of the attack were an ambulance driver and a male nurse, state-run newspaper Al-Ahram reported, citing Health Minister Ahmed Emad al-Din.

Emad al-Din visited the wounded on Sunday.

The attackers, according to a statement published by the Union of the Sinai Tribes, detonated explosives in the mosque and shot those who attempted to flee, locking the doors to prevent people from escaping and then killing them.

No terror group has yet claimed responsibility for the deadliest attack in Egypt’s recent history.

The attack targeted al-Rawda mosque during Friday prayers in Bir al-Abd, a town 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of the North Sinai capital of el-Arish.

Wilayat Sinai, which is suspected of being behind Friday’s attack and has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State terror organization, released a statement on Saturday that made no mention of the attack.

The group instead claimed responsibility for a separate attack on Saturday that targeted Egyptian soldiers close to the border with Gaza.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2015 © All rights reserved