|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | Business & Economy (Click here for more)

Embraer, Boeing Approve Joint Venture Terms

MADRID – Boeing Co. and Embraer SA have approved the terms of a $4.2 billion joint venture that will give the Chicago-based Boeing control over Embraer’s commercial jetliner business.

Under the agreement that was announced this summer, Boeing will take an 80 percent stake in Embraer’s commercial airplane and services business. The Sao Paulo, Brazil-based Embraer will own the remaining 20 percent.

Boeing will have operational and management control of the new company. The commercial aviation joint venture would be led by Brazil-based management, including a president and chief executive officer. The estimated annual pre-tax cost synergies of approximately $150 million are seen by the third year of operations.

“Boeing and Embraer know each other well through more than two decades of collaboration, and the respect we have for each other and the value we see in this partnership has only increased since we announced our joint efforts earlier this year,” Boeing Chief Executive Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement.

The companies also said they have agreed to the terms of a joint venture to promote and develop new markets for the multi-mission medium airlift KC-390, with Embraer owning a 51 percent stake and Boeing the remaining 49 percent.

The transaction, subject to approval from Brazil’s government and ratification by Embraer’s board of directors, is expected to close by the end of 2019.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2019 © All rights reserved