|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | USA

Trump Attacks Media Again for Coverage of Russia Case

NEW YORK – US President Donald Trump once again attacked the media this Sunday for what he calls its fake news, this time for disparaging his son, Donald Trump Jr., in their coverage of the Russia case.

“HillaryClinton can illegally get the questions to the Debate & delete 33,000 emails but my son Don is being scorned by the Fake News Media?” Trump posted on his Twitter account.

This Saturday, Trump had already tweeted his view that the latest information about his inner circle conspiring with Moscow to damage Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton’s chances in the 2016 election was unfounded.

“With all of its phony unnamed sources & highly slanted & even fraudulent reporting, #Fake News is DISTORTING DEMOCRACY in our country!” the president tweeted on Sunday.

Nonetheless, it was his own son, Donald Trump Jr., who made public this week some emails from June 2018 in which he enthusiastically welcomed the idea of getting damaging information about Clinton from a Russian lawyer.

Aside from that, the president tweeted his thanks to one of his campaign advisers, Michael Caputo, for “so powerfully” telling the House of Representatives’ Intelligence Committee that “there was no Russian collusion in our winning campaign.”

Caputo, former communications adviser during Trump’s electoral campaign, testified Friday as a witness in the investigation about the suspected Russian interference in the last November elections, and denied there was any contact with the Kremlin.

“No one ever breathed the word ‘Russia’ to me,” he said in an interview with CNN days before testifying. However, Caputo did live for several years in Moscow in the 1990s, and said he has worked for the Kremlin and still does business there, according to CNN.

Meanwhile, the Democratic leaders of the congressional committees investigating possible ties between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign said the investigation must now be taken to another level, following the publication of the emails Donald Trump Jr. that supposedly reveal Russia’s intention to help Republicans undermine the Hillary Clinton campaign.

 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2015 © All rights reserved