|
|
|
|
Search: 
Latin American Herald Tribune
Venezuela Overview
Venezuelan Embassies & Consulates Around The World
Sites/Blogs about Venezuela
Venezuelan Newspapers
Facts about Venezuela
Venezuela Tourism
Embassies in Caracas

Colombia Overview
Colombian Embassies & Consulates Around the World
Government Links
Embassies in Bogota
Media
Sites/Blogs about Colombia
Educational Institutions

Stocks

Commodities
Crude Oil
US Gasoline Prices
Natural Gas
Gold
Silver
Copper

Euro
UK Pound
Australia Dollar
Canada Dollar
Brazil Real
Mexico Peso
India Rupee

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Curacao
Dominica

Grenada
Haiti
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

Bahamas
Bermuda
Mexico

Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay

What's New at LAHT?
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Viewed on the Web
Popular on Twitter
Receive Our Daily Headlines


  HOME | World (Click here for more)

50 Pro-Russian Separatists and 30 Troops Killed in Clashes in Ukraine

KIEV – Thirty Ukrainian troops were killed on Friday and at least 50 pro-Russian separatists died in the past 24 hours in heavy shelling in the east of the country, Ukrainian officials said.

The troops were killed at dawn in a rebel rocket attack with Russian “Grad” missiles in the eastern region of Lugansk, said Zorian Shiriak, an advisor at the Ukrainian Interior Ministry.

The pro-Russian separatists died amid heavy shelling from the government forces, spokesman of the Ukrainian command Vladislav Seleznyo said on his official Facebook account.

The clashes in eastern Ukraine for the past three months have left 173 troops and 478 civilians dead, including 30 women and seven children.

Kiev last April launched an anti-terrorist operation to recover the eastern regions of Lugansk and Donetsk, under control of the separatists, and made gains last week after taking the towns of Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.

The Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council has announced plans to besiege the cities of Donetsk and Lugansk to “force separatists and criminals to disarm.”

A spokesman for Ukraine’s Interior Ministry, Stanislav Rechinski, has predicted that the two cities, which together have 1,4 million inhabitants, could be in the hands of Government forces within a month.

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:



 

Enter your email address to subscribe to free headlines (and great cartoons so every email has a happy ending!) from the Latin American Herald Tribune:

 

Copyright Latin American Herald Tribune - 2005-2020 © All rights reserved